How to find us!
The Museum of Cambridge is located on the corner of Castle Street and Northampton Street, just 5 minutes walk from the City centre.
Winter Opening Hours from January 2015:
Fridays and Saturdays: 10:30am - 5:00pm
Last admissions: 4:30pm
Sundays: 12:00 - 4:00pm
Last admissions: 3:30pm
Please ensure you check opening times by telephoning the museum on 01223 355159
before you leave home, particularly during Easter and Christmas holiday periods
to ensure we are open.
Children under 12 Free.
Friends of the Museum receive free admission (please see Friends of the museum page for further details).
- Ramp/level access
- Wheelchair accessibility and wheelchair
accessible lift to all floors
- Disabled person’s toilet
- No dogs but Guide Dogs/Hearing Dogs
- Large print guides available
- Hearing loop
- Museum shop stocked unique and locally
made toys, gifts and games and cards
- Maestro/Visa/Mastercard all accepted
- Pre-booked groups welcomed
- Guided tours available by arrangement
- Education Officer led workshops by
- Reminiscence sessions available by
- School loans boxes, photo packs and
reminiscence boxes available for hire
- Fully equipped Education Room available
- Full programme of events and temporary
exhibitions throughout the year
- Volunteering opportunities available
- Friends of the Museum Membership Scheme
Children and Families
- Family friendly – children welcome.
Push chair accessible
- Children’s activity boxes and fun
- Children’s holiday trails plus regular
family events and activities
- Tea room available on Saturdays 10.30am – 4.30pm and Sundays and Bank Holidays 12.00 - 3.30pm.
- Fresh coffee and teas, hot chocolate, fruit juice and cakes, served in a vintage style setting.
Parking and Transport
Located 5 minutes from the city centre
with bus stops and Park and Ride services within easy reach
- 10 minute bus ride from Railway Station
- Short stay parking (2 hours) available
on Pound Hill (2 minutes walk from the Museum)